Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ricky Says...

Thank you to everyone for all the great feedback and support!  Here is a little preview of what is to come...




Before tell you the recipe (or show the the finished product) for this yummy treat, I have to introduce you to my good friend Ricky.  Ricky is a man who is very near and dear to my heart.  I see him every weekend, he is always a gentleman opening my doors, and he never fails to have a huge smile on his face.  Ricky is one of and hands down my favorite doormen.  Ricky has graciously offered to be the blog's baked goods taste tester.  Every baked goods recipe will have Ricky's review.

Ricky's verdict on this week's creation: "absolutely delicious". You can't argue with that!



I'm calling these Coco-Choco Nana Cookies. I started these cookies with an oatmeal cookie base that I got from Runner's Kitchen.  I like this base because it's not overly sweet, allowing any and all add ins!  The original recipe had coconut (I have been on a huge coconut kick lately) and dark chocolate chips. I decided to add banana chips for some extra crunch and flavor. The recipe made 15 cookies.  However if you don't like to "taste test" the dough as you go (I had to be certain it tasted good), I'm sure you could make a few more!

Coco-Choco Nana Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 tbl granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter (softened)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 unsweetened banana chips

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350.
-Whisk flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
-Place butter and sugars in separate bowl. Beat with mixer until blended (about 2 min). Add in egg and vanilla. Beat well.
-Add flour mixture and mix together. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
-Roll into balls, place on ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for 12-15 min (mine needed the longer baking time but were still chewy on the inside).
-Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment