Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"This is awesome!"

After last week's muffin fail, I was on a mission to bake something awesome for this week.  And I did!


Chocolate Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Chips.  It is the perfect flavor combination.  I mean, who can resist chocolate, peanut butter, and banana?  It's like a match made in heaven!

Honestly, I chose this recipe because I had all of the ingredients at home (except for the peanut butter chips).  Usually, when I cook or bake, I try to look at the ingredients I already have and find a recipe that uses those ingredients.  Why go out buying tons of new things when you have perfectly yummy ingredients to use at home!  I had some bananas that were ripe and I hadn't eaten yet (I was over ambitious with my banana buying the other week) and had leftover cocoa powder from the nutella brownies.  The recipe was basically begging me to make it!


I found the recipe on pinterest and made it with a couple alterations.  Here is the original recipe.  The changes I made include:

1. I had 2 mini loaf pans instead of 2 regular sized loaf pans, so I halved the recipe.
2. Instead of sour cream, I used Greek yogurt.  Once again, I did this because I already had Greek yogurt in my fridge.
3. Instead of marshmallow bits, I used peanut butter chips (I did this for no reason other than I was craving peanut butter).

Here is the recipe with my alterations:


Chocolate Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Chips
Ingredients:
6 tbl softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large ripe bananas (the riper the sweeter/better)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
peanut butter chips (I don't measure this. Just put in as many as you like.)


Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray mini loaf tins with Pam.
2. Cream sugar and butter in medium bowl.  Mix in egg, Greek yogurt, and vanilla.
3. Mash bananas and add to mixture.
4. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, salt, and peanut butter chips.
5. Pour into and divide between two pans.  Bake for about 40 minutes.
6. Enjoy!


And who could forget...Rikki's verdict?
"Wow Fink! This is awesome!"

No comments:

Post a Comment