Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bustin My Butt to the Beat

My dad runs an entire marathon without any music.  How he does it, I have no idea.  Running gives me time to clear my mind and think.  But after a few miles, my thoughts start to become "I'm bored" and "I'm getting really tired".  Music helps me to forget how I'm feeling and helps me to keep going.  I run to the beat, sing in my head (I am completely tone deaf.  Trust me when I say your don't want to hear me aloud), and just zone out.


One amazing website that I found is called Run Hundred.  This website has a huge collection of workout songs.  You can search for songs based on source, tempo, genre, or decade.  I love having the ability to search for songs by tempo. This allows you to choose songs that have a beat that is similar to your running pace.  When you sign up with the website, you get emails with weekly top songs that people are downloading. It costs nothing to join, but to download a song the cost is similar to itunes.


Since I know about how long it takes me to run a mile, I know how many songs it takes to run a mile.  I noticed that what I start getting tired or bored of running, I start to count songs to figure out how much longer I have until I'm finished.  This is why I love The Hood Internet.  Each download, which is also free, is a mix of music that lasts for about an hour.  The mix combines new and one songs into an upbeat and energizing playlist.  Each song flows into the next so you don't know when one song ends and the next one begins.  Before you realize it, your run (and the mix) is almost over. No more song counting!



Here is a list of one of my most current running playlists.  And yes...it has an extremely random mix of music:
Domino- Jessie J
Hello- Martin Solveig and Dragonette
The Fixer- Pearl Jam
Runaway Baby- Bruno Mars
Heavy Cross- Gossip
It's Tricky- Run DMC
Fine By Me- And Grammer
Call Me Maybe- Carly Rae Jepsen
Hey Girl- OAR
Never Miss a Beat- Kaiser Chiefs
Good Feeling- Flo Rida
Ms. New Booty- Bubba Sparxxx
One Way Road- John Butler Trio
Got No Shorty- Sean Kingston

Does anyone else know of good places to find new music? Or maybe some new fun or different song suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment