Monday, June 11, 2012

Nutella Overload

I had an extremely busy and fun filled weekend!  Friday night started off with a going away party for one of my friends who is moving to Cleveland for the year.  A bunch of girls got together for some dessert and "girl time".  What can be better?

A while ago, I found a recipe for brownie bottom nutella cheesecake squares.  This was the perfect opportunity to make them.  The bottom of the bar is a nutella brownie and the top layer is a nutella cheesecake.  Talk about nutella overload (but in a very good way)!



For the recipe, the brownies are made form scratch.  I'll admit that I rarely make brownies from scratch.  I think brownies from the box are awesome once they are doctored up with some coffee (to bring out the chocolate flavor) and chocolate chips.  However, I made the brownies from scratch and they turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!

Ricky's verdict: "absolutely delicious".  He even asked for me to bring him any leftovers after the party!

For the recipe click here.

Another fun part of my weekend was going to the farmers market on Saturday morning.  I bought a special produce that I have never bought before.  It's a surprise recipe that I'll share later this week.  I'm going to try out a new recipe with it so be on the look-out!

No comments:

Post a Comment