Friday, August 3, 2012

Last Minute Flight and Friday Funday

After my Olympics post yesterday, another Chicago blogger posted about a fun workout to do while watching the Olympics.  It's like a drinking game, but for working out!  I will definitely try this out when I watch the Olympics in the next couple of days.  Check out the Olympic Challenge here.


I booked a last minute flight to Houston this week and just arrived late last night.  I'm so excited to spend a long weekend in Houston!  I have big plans to see my family and friends and to eat some good food.

Whenever I travel, I always bring a snack or meal with me.  I am easily tempted by the candy and snacks at the airport.  Having my own stash of foods keeps me from buying all those airport goodies which are definitely not good on the waist...or wallet!  My flight yesterday as around dinner time, so I brought a wrap from Freshii and a little piece of chocolate for my end of meal sweet tooth (Sorry...I ate it before I could take a pic. But it was loaded with veggies and chicken. And it was delicious).

I have a 9 mile run planned this weekend for my training.  Since the heat and humidity are out of control in Houston, I'm planning on completing my run in the treadmill.  Should be interesting!

And now....FRIDAY FUNDAY!

Watermelon Ice: A fun idea for outside BBQ.


Crab Salad in Avocado Halves: I love everything about this recipe.  It is another perfect summer recipe.


Barbie Creator's House: I wouldn't have expected anything else.


Bad Day Motto: I need to remember to think this during a bad day...


And to Do This:


Arms Like Natalie Coughlin: This is a great arm workout that I have on my list to do next week!


Sweating to the 90s: Why not put some 90s music on your next running playlist!


I'm Loving cherries! Both sweet...


And savory


Have a great weekend! Remember Sunday is your last change to enter the GIVEAWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment