Monday, August 13, 2012

Making Moves...Literally

I have been living in Chicago for the past 4 years, since I graduated from the Michigan.  I love this city.  Tons of my Michigan friends live here and as well as many other friends I have made over the years.  Everything is so accessible.  Hope on the el, grab a bus, or take a walk to where you want to go.  Chicago is an active, exciting city and I have loved taking advantage of that.  I walk everywhere, run along the lakefront, and am constantly trying and finding new places to go and new things to do.

After 4 years of living in the incredible city, it's time for me to move on and head back to Houston.  This past week, I was offered a new job in Houston and took advantage of this awesome opportunity.  In 2 short weeks, I will be leaving Chicago and starting my new job in Houston.  It all happened (is happening) fairly quickly.  As sad as I am to leave my life here in Chicago, I am so excited for this new work experience and to be close to my family who I love so much.


I'm not going to sit here and make a list of all the things that I am excited for in Houston or sad to leave in Chicago.  For the next 2 weeks, I'm taking advantage of my time in Chicago and with my friends.  This weekend definitely kick started that!  Saturday morning I went for an 8 mile run along the lakefront.  Since I am leaving Chicago, I will not be running the Chicago Half Marathon but I still wanted to take advantage of lakefront running (and hopefully will find a run in Houston to do soon).  I couldn't have asked for better weather! It was in the 60s and not a cloud in the sky.  Instead of timing myself, I just wanted to enjoy the run and stopped to take pictures along the way.

Start of the run with sun just starting to rise.

End of the run and ready to start the day!

After my run, I met a couple friends at the Green City Farmers Market.  Great minds must think alike, because my friend Lindsey and I showed up in pretty much the exact same outfit.


Everyone got great stuff at the market.  Since I'm going to be eating out a lot over the next 2 weeks, I had to restrain myself from buying stuff.  One stand at the market sells mushrooms and mushroom products, including a canned mushroom chili.  It has portabella mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, celery, and kidney beans in it.  I bought a can of it to take back to Houston with me (and will probably buy another next weekend too).


The rest of my weekend was jam packed with eating and going out/seeing my friends including BYOB sushi (where I brought Red Truck Wine in honor of my move back to houston), a bagel date, and a delicious Italian dinner.  

I do not recommend putting this on your must try wine list.  I got it purely for the name.

Heads up...in the next few weeks, I will probably not be posting every day especially as my move gets closer and things become more hectic.  I'll try to post a few times a week so be sure to keep checking back!

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Welcome home! ;) cute pic of you and Linds! xo, Julie
    www.fromproseccotoplaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on your move! we should meet up for fro yo in houston next time i'm in town :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! definitely let me know the next time you are in houston. we can hit up yourtland

      Delete