Thursday, June 7, 2012

Portabella Dinner

I usually go to the grocery store with an idea of what I'm cooking that week and a list of groceries.  This past weekend, I went with no plan.  I had no idea what to make and was not getting any good ideas looking around.  I had fallen into a dinner rut and needed some new ideas.  Dad to the rescue!  I called my dad and he suggested grilling portabella mushrooms.



I used Italian spices and added veggies, cheese, and tomato sauce.  To make the portabella, you can use a grill (outside of George Forman) or bake it.  I used the George Forman, but if you choose to make it put your oven at 420 and bake for about 15 minutes.

Grilled Portabella with Veggies (1 serving)
Ingredients:
1/2 bag spinach
sweet onion
cooking spray
spices of choice (I used garlic salt, basil, and red pepper flakes)
handful cherry tomatoes cut in half
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 portabella mushroom
1 wedge Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb
grated parmesan (if you want more cheese)

Instructions:
1. Heat skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.  Plug in and spray George Foreman.
2. Add onions to pan.  Season as desired.  Remove from pan once softened (about 5 minutes) and put on plate.
3. Re-spray pan and add spinach. Once spinach is wilted (about 3 minutes), add to onions.
4. Add halved tomatoes to spinach and onions. Top with half of the tomato sauce.
5. Season portabella. Place on George Foreman.  Cook for about 2 minutes.
6. Place portabella on top on spinach mixture.  Spread cheese on portabella and top with remaining tomato sauce.


Please notice the Vitamin Water in the top right corner on the picture.  Yup...that's me drinking something with dinner!  Making moves to meet my new goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment